The Emerging Ventures Ecosystem (EVE) is a university-driven, community-centered distributed incubation program primarily organized to facilitate the transfer of scientific and technological breakthroughs from the laboratory and classroom to the marketplace. EVE’s Mission includes nurturing and accelerating the growth of new ventures from non-Institute affiliated sources as well and the common denominator for all Client companies is the development of high-growth technology businesses with the potential for meaningful social and economic impact within the State of New York and globally.
EVE is also organized as an alumni outreach initiative for graduates of the Institute who are principals in technology-based startups that wish to participate in the venture development programs and services offered by and through EVE.
EVE differs from a traditional business incubation program in that Client companies are not required to rent space in a particular physical facility and the program is designed to provide services to Client companies wherever they may be located.
In order to be eligible for consideration, an EVE Client candidate should:
- Be a for-profit business in a high growth field of technology aligned with Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute’s signature research thrusts OR demonstrate potential for significant job creation in the New York Capital Region or the surrounding area. Qualifying companies physically located outside the New York Capital Region managed/owned by Rensselaer Alums are also eligible to apply. Non-RPI affiliated Companies must demonstrate the potential for significant job growth within the New York Capital Region.
- Have a product or service that can be commercialized within two years.
- Be in the early stages of business development.
- Demonstrate a strong market for products or services.
- Have a basic business plan or a written description of a business and a financial forecast.
- Have a management team in place that can demonstrate an ability to handle both the technical and managerial aspects of the business and is willing to seek and accept assistance from EVE, its Partners, and its network of service providers – particularly in the area of financial management.
- Be well-suited as a business to benefit from EVE programs and services.
- Have potential for positive economic impact on the community through: (1) A technology, product or service deemed to have a high potential impact in the marketplace or community; (2) Potential for rapid company growth and the associated creation of new jobs leading to a positive impact on the tax base of local and state government.
- Agree to participate in the incubator’s business assistance programs and to cooperate in achieving the incubation program’s mission.
- Agree to have an EVE advisor sit on the companyís board of advisers to act as a liaison to mobilize resources within the Institute.
- Agree to set and work towards quarterly goals and objectives.
- Agree to participate in a regular review of their business and financial progress to measure company performance against their business goals and objectives.
- Accepted applicants must adhere to the terms and conditions of the EVE 2.0 Client Services Agreement.
If you’d like more information about EVE 2.0 and would like to speak with someone about the program or your eligibility, please click on the ‘Request More Information’ button below:However, if you are ready to apply for membership in EVE please complete and submit the application form below.