Rensselaer Emerging Ventures Ecosystem Accelerator Lab (REVEAL)
REVEAL 2018 DIGITAL GAMING ACCELERATOR
June 4 – July 20, 2018
Take your game to the next level!
The REVEAL 2018 Digital Gaming Accelerator program is an immersive Summer program for game making aficionados in the Capital Region. If you are looking to further develop your game studio, game platform, game tools, or game publishing business, REVEAL will provide you with key knowledge, networks, tools and resources needed to take your game to the next level
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Applied and collaborative learning Participants explore and learn about key topics in launching an effective startup, and apply the acquired knowledge to their particular startup, utilizing specialized tools, frameworks, and guidance. Among topics and activities covered are: Idea Scoping; Market Fit; Customers; Strategic Partners; Distribution; Legal / Intellectual Property; Design; Funding; Marketing & Analytics; Monetization; Launch Strategy; Building a Team; Effective Pitching; Final Pitch Day
- Coaching and mentoring
- Peer learning and networking
- Funding for eligible participants
- Extended access to REVEAL collaboration facilities, including conference room, open meeting spaces, private meeting areas
- Refreshments provided at each session
- A few perks!
WHO CAN APPLY: Anyone who is working on an innovative game-driven project or startup is invited to apply. Priority will be given to applicants from the Capital Region community.
COST: There is no cost to participate in REVEAL 2018. In fact, if your team meets the funding eligibility criteria, we pay you!
FUNDING ELIGIBILITY: Funding of approximately $3,000/person is available to participants who reside in the Capital Region, and who have been a team member of the project/startup for at least three months. Funds are disbursed in stages, upon meeting pre-designated Program and Team milestones. The exact award amount per team/individual will be disclosed once the REVEAL 2018 Cohort has been accepted.
COMMITMENT: The REVEAL Summer 2018 accelerator program will run from June 4th through July 20th. Participants are required to work on their project full-time, preferably on site (at the J Building on the RPI campus), for the duration of the program. Participants are required to attend ALL accelerator activities and educational sessions and complete assignments and program deliverables as assigned. Non-completion of program requirements will lead to non-issuance of program certificate of completion and withdrawal of funding award, if applicable.
APPLICATION EVALUATION CRITERIA: Applications will be evaluated based on: 1) Project Innovation; 2) Team dynamic and composition; 3) Traction; 4) Game Proposal Document and Milestone Plan; 5) Program fit.
Upon receipt of your application, we will contact you to set up a time for your team interview. Interview slots will be assigned on a first-come-first-served basis.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, until all cohort slots have been filled.
Application Interviews: If your application is selected for consideration, your team will be invited to an interview round. Interview slots will be assigned on a first-come-first-served basis.
Decisions Announced: Applicants will be notified of acceptance decision within two weeks of applying.
REVEAL Program: Monday thru Friday, June 4 – July 20, 2018
By clicking on the “Submit” button, I hereby certify that the information my startup team has submitted in this REVEAL 2018 Application is verifiable and true