Rensselaer Emerging Ventures Ecosystem Accelerator Lab (REVEAL)
REVEAL 2017 SUMMER ACCELERATOR PROGRAM
REVEAL is accepting applications for its 2017 Summer cohort!
Application Deadline: 12:00 NOON on Friday, April 14, 2017
Interviews: _ – April 17 – May 5, 2017
Decisions Announced: __________ May 10, 2017 _____
REVEAL Program: ____ May 30 – August 1, 2017
REVEAL: The REVEAL 2017 Summer Accelerator program is an intensive 10-week long program for student and community entrepreneurs who have recently launched their startup company, or who need to further validate whether their concept is worth launching as a business venture. The program provides participants with key knowledge, networks, tools and resources needed to take their idea or new venture to the next level.
REVEAL is for those who are seeking:
- A valuable experiential learning experience that will move your startup idea forward;
- To assess whether your innovation realistically has commercial potential;
- To better understand the realities of starting a venture;
- Objective feedback from others about your startup idea;
- To explore whether entrepreneurship is for you;
- To develop a strategic action plan for next steps and resources to assist you.
VALUE PROPOSITION: Our interactive learning model offers unparalleled quality and flexibility…
- World-class curriculum developed especially for the needs of REVEAL participants
- Customized modules, taught face-to-face by seasoned entrepreneurs and business professionals
- Applied and collaborative learning Participants explore and learn about key topics in launching an effective startup, and apply the acquired knowledge to their particular startup, utilizing specialized tools, frameworks, and guidance. Among topics and activities covered are: Idea Scoping; Market Fit; Customers; Strategic Partners; Sales and Distribution Channels; Intellectual Property; Funding; Financial Projections; Competition; Go To Market Strategy; Building a Team; Strategic Action Plan Framework; Effective Pitching; Final Pitch Day
- Specialized tracks: General, HealthTech, and Digital Media/Gaming
- Coaching and mentoring
- Peer learning and networking
- Extended access to REVEAL collaboration facilities, including conference room, open meeting spaces, private meeting areas
- Energy meals/snacks provided at each session
- Much more!
WHO CAN APPLY: Graduate and undergraduate students from the Capital Region, RPI Alumni, and budding entrepreneurs from the general community who are working on an Innovation-Driven startup or idea are welcome to apply. Must have a scalable business idea or venture, and be motivated and coachable!
COST: There is no cost for active students from the Capital Region to participate in REVEAL 2017.
For participants who are not enrolled in an institution of higher education in the Capital Region, there is a $400 administrative fee, due upon notification of acceptance to the Program.
REVEAL GRANTS: Funding is available for RPI students to participate in the 10-week program. Only RPI students who are actively enrolled and/or graduating Class of 2017 are eligible to receive a funding award for venture development-related activities. Funds are disbursed in stages, upon meeting pre-designated Program and Team milestones. The exact award amount per team/individual will be disclosed once the REVEAL 2017 Cohort has been assembled.
DURATION/LOGISTICS: The REVEAL Summer 2017 accelerator program will run from May 30th through August 1st. Participants are required to attend twice a week sessions, on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm, on the RPI campus. Meals and/or snacks are provided at each session.
COMMITMENT: Participants are required to attend ALL sessions and complete assignments and program deliverables as assigned. Non-completion of Program requirements will lead to non-issuance of program certificate of completion and withdrawal of funding award, if applicable.
APPLICATION EVALUATION CRITERIA: We look at five key areas for each applicant/team: 1) Scope of the idea; 2) Strength of underlying technology; 3) Program fit; 4) Team dynamic and composition; 5) Traction.
REVEAL prioritizes applicants with scalable technology solutions in RPI’s five research focus areas: Biotechnology; Nanotechnology & Advanced Materials; Computing & Information Technology; Energy & Environmental; and Electronic Arts & Media.
Upon receipt of your application, we will contact you to set up a time for your team interview to be held between April 17th – May 5th. Interview slots will be assigned on a first-come-first-served basis.
By clicking on the “Submit” button, I hereby certify that the information my startup team has submitted in this REVEAL 2017 Application is verifiable and true