The Severino Center will offer a summer program for students interested in moving their business ventures forward. We can offer $5000 grants/team for up to 8 teams. Non-funded teams that meet the qualifications may participate as well.
This program will be a facilitated coaching program. Much of the coaching will be from peers. Additionally, Severino Center representatives will be there to coach, facilitate and broker relationships with other key advisors and resources as needed. Weekly progress reports will be used to keep each team on track.
To apply for the program and potential receipt of a grant, please submit a short write up by Monday, April 22nd to the Severino Center at email@example.com that addresses the following:
- Business Overview (1 paragraph)
- Team (1 paragraph)
- Technology Development and Outcomes to date
- Market Development and Outcomes to date
- Planned next steps for the summer months
The criteria for evaluating applicants include:
- You have a team or recognize the need to build one around you.
- You demonstrate through past and/or ongoing activity that you are serious about commercializing your product/business platform.
- We think you have a promising business opportunity.
- You’ll be around this summer and can attend weekly meetings.
- You’re open to being coached.
Notices of program acceptance and grant awards will be made by Monday, May 1st.
Information about the Foundry program on which this summer program is based can be found at http://www.foundryrpi.org/. A quick overview of the Foundry model can be found in the video: What is the Foundry?
For more information please contact:
Sr. Program Administrator
Severino Center for Technological Entrepreneurship
Lally School of Management & Technology
110 8th St., Troy, NY 12180